Thursday, December 13, 2012

NEC yo

*please excuse how long it took me to update because there has been a lot of stuff gone down in the last SIX DAYS that I have been stuck in the hospital (props to my flipping awesome nurse ladies that put up with me, but hospitals suck.)

I AM OFF PAIN PILLS! ( I decided the pain was better than wanting to throw up all the time.) 

NEC- NO.EVIDENCE.OF.CANCER
The biopsies came back negative! And they think they caught it all in surgery. I am classified as Stage 1c (the "c" part being from when the biopsy of the cyst was taken the first time- the whole appendix thing, no humanly possible way the doctor could have drained it and not have a drop go astray. )Gross. I know, but that's why I need chemo.


CHEMO?
Yes- probably just about 3 treatments, its a cautionary act, I don't want them cutting me open again in 2 years...
             WHERE?
                      I haven't decided if it will be done in Spokane or Salt Lake, it has been a bit tricky wading through the parts of my insurance policy figuring out who will cover me.

My amazing roommates drove down from Rexburg just to see me! I felt so special. We played a board game, caught up on what has happened in the last week and they made fun of my waddle (cant quite stretch my stomach out yet). 


 Pre-Op... I had to drink that whole thing, and then another one just like it. I am never drinking Gatorade again in my life. 
 One of the few foods I could keep down- delicious. One thing SLC has going for itself is the awesome food options. 
 Jane got me flowers! They made my sterile room so much prettier. And she got a Get Well Soon balloon so people would know I didn't just have a baby like everyone else in the Woman's Pavilion. 



 Joe got me flowers too! They were so pretty, and he picked them out by himself:)

 I've become very stylish, with my compression socks that I have to wear pretty much 24/7 ( i hate wearing them at night... like a lot..)

 I played quite a bit of Ticket to Ride and watched a lot of Walking Dead. 
This is Stanley- he was my only man inside the Woman's Pavilion, and he kept me company on my walks around the building.

St. Mark's Hospital- I cant say enough good things. My surgeons, anesthesiologist, my nurses, the CNA's, my social worker and case manager. Seriously, they were all awesome. 




THINGS THAT MAKE MOLLY HAPPY :]

  • grilled chicken, coconut rice, delicious broccoli with some of that orange pop (what's it called...)
  • RETAIL THERAPY! ( I just bought a bunch of clothes at F21 and H&M, and I feel pretty awesome:)
  • Netflix ( Walking Dead and How I Met Your Mother... Shout out to Zach Athens, who I can ALWAYS guarantee on for recognizing a reference and making me laugh)
  • I get to fly home for Christmas! ( required a bit of juggling because of the high risk of blood clots)
  • My family
    • My parents who both came down for my surgery, and who are dealing with the fact that I am campainging hard  for being the most expensive child
    • Jane and Joe: let their home be overrun by me 3 of the last 5 weekends, and get me anything I need and visited me in the hospital!
    • Abby flew down to come see me and always answers any sort of prescription question I have.
    • The rest of my family is being really supportive:)
  • All my friends in Rexburg, I miss you all!
  • I am also very happy that I feel better, and getting back to my old self day by day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment