Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Taco Bell, Slushies, Volleyball and Scary Things....

DO ONE THING A DAY THAT SCARES YOU~
A good quote for trying to live the most of life. I will explain more later. So, yesterday was awesome. Work passed by surprisingly quickly, considering it was Monday. We had to sweep out a tank, and we did that first thing before it got super hot. It took a couple of hours, so the morning passed by quickly. After lunch however, it was super yucky. I climbed down into the back pit with Jessica and we knocked down all the dust. Jessica then crawled out of the pit, and lifted open one of the gates. Three dead mice fall out onto the ground in front of me. I don't do mice. They scare me SO MUCH!!!! Dead or alive, they are gross and creepy. So, I may have screeched just a bit. Tammi, Erin, and Jessica come running to me and they all start laughing at me because I am so scared. Well, no one else wanted to come down there with me. So, I had to shovel a lot of dirt and mice. It was awful, and my heart was racing. I kept on thinking that another mouse was going to pop out and run up my leg. So, yeah yesterday I DEFINITELY did something that scared me. 

So, then later I drove to Singles Ward Family Home Evening. I am really glad that I went. It was really good. Andrew talked about being prepared. It just kind of put things into perspective. I need to stay on track. I need to keep praying, every single day. I also need to read the scriptures everyday, no matter for how long. The question was asked "What harm would it cause if I skipped one day?" Well, if you skip one day, its that much easier to skip the next day. So, yeah. I am that much more motivated with how I live.

The activity for FHE was sand volleyball at Browns Park. It was so much fun! I met a lot of new people, and I actually played, even though I am really bad. I was very self conscious, but most of the other people weren't any better than me so I felt okay. The boys were all really nice and friendly,which is good for me because I get intimidated really easy with people that are older than me. But, I had so much fun. I was laughing the whole time, everyone was just so funny. And then, after we had played fore a couple of hours, Kate and I went to go get slushies at 7 Eleven. I got Hawaiian Punch and Kate got Melon Berry. They were delicious, it has also been awhile since I had a slushie, so that might have something to do with it(: Afterwards, we went to Taco Bell and went through the drive through. We then sat in the parking lot and just talked. It was really nice to just talk with someone else in the semi-same situation. It was kind of nice to let my feelings out, and voice my fears about the future, and uncertainty about what lies in my future. So, it was nice for some girl talk.

Things to be happy about (:

  • 80's movies- I just watched The Goonies and Overboard. They are awesome ;)
  • Soft Tacos
  • Soft pillows
  • Friends- they make life more durable
  • Temples- they are so pretty to look at

No comments:

Post a Comment