Sunday, February 3, 2013

"She has been on quite a journey... It has been a difficult one, but also an inspiring one."

Hey all! It is late on February 2, I thought I would just jot down my thoughts and feelings at the moment. So, I had a great day. Slept in, had German pancakes for breakfast, then went to Spokane to go shopping with Mumsy and Abby because it was her BIRTHDAY today! Then we went out to dinner and for dessert got Gooey's at Dockside in Coeur d'Alene. All in all a pretty good day. 

Well, then I get home and take a shower. And the hair continues to fall out. It started falling out Jan 30, which is a day I will never forget. But today is what I am focusing on. Well, tonight was particularly difficult because I can visually see my hair being thinner than it used to be.It is hard for me to watch my hair fall out because most women associate hair with feeling feminine. Cutting it super short made me feel not as feminine, and now some of it is just not there. However, I realized that if I do end up losing all my hair, then I will only be bald for about 7 weeks, and then it should start growing back. 7 weeks is really not that long, so I can suck it up and deal with it. I am a little worried about going back to school, I will know 2 of my 5 roommates, hopefully my new roommates will be able to handle it. I saw some good friends in Brighton 201 and no one was weird! It was great, they all didn't even blink at my hair that was 11 inches shorter. And they didn't have the puppy dog poorgirl look in their eyes, so I have a some hope for the Spring (: 


My good friend Carlee told me about this video which you must watch. Disclaimer: you WILL cry. But that's okay, because it may change your perspective for the better. It did for me. In the video, a friend describes the main character by saying "She has been on quite a journey... It has been a difficult one, but also an inspiring one."... I am so not doing this video justice, just please watch it!

Things that make Molly happy:]

  • Being home! It took me 1.5 weeks longer to get home than planned (2 cancelled flights, then Salt Express to Rexburg where my freaking awesome brother Beau came and picked me up in Rexburg
  • My health insurance is paying for ALL of my chemotherapy after all!!! Serious weight lifted off my shoulders
  • Sleeping in my bed. My perfect bed that has been molded to my body. It's MY bed.
  • Reading- While going to school, I had forgotten it can actually be enjoyable ;)
  • Discovering Lindsey Sterling on youtube

I know this process is not over, but I am thankful to have gottten through so far in one piece. When I felt alone or close to giving up someone has worked their way closer into my life and saved the day: emotionally, financially and physically. Whether it be driving me somewhere, spending half the day in a doctor's office,helping me find financial programs in Utah, helping get me home to Washington, a phone call or text, or a letter in the mail, I appreciate it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment