Monday, December 9, 2013

"Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman..."

Currently listening to: Christmas at 22 by the Wonder Years, Frozen Soundtrack
Guys. December 6th was my one year anniversary! (my roommates called it my birthday :) It took me about 10 years to find all these pictures, and then I realized I switched two of them backwards but whatever. It was worth it.
I asked my doctor, and she said I could choose my "anniversary" date, whether it be the day of my surgery, or the day of my last round of chemo. I chose my surgery, because it makes me closer to the 5 year mark, and 'cured.'
So December 6th was really fun. I went with my roommates to see Frozen (lovelovelove) and giggled the whole time. Then we went to Costa Vida where my awesome friend Dani hooked me up and loaded my nachos up with sweet pork! and horchata mhhmmmm yummy. Then later Kate Harward Bise took me out to McDonalds and we just sat and talked for.. like an hour. Every time I see Kate, we just pick up where we left off and it's like no time has passed. We talked about China amongst other things (but mainly China ha)
Throw Back to one of the best semesters ever- when we were roomies!

Some of these pictures need explaining... So while I was still smooth bald, I went to an old roommate's house to hang out for the night. Well, her current roommate went to hair school, and is a beautician now, and they talked me into trying out fake eyelashes. I laughed when I saw the pictures. While the overall experience was fun, I will never try fake eyelashes again. They did not stay on very well, and kept getting in the way of my vision.
It's kind of weird to think about all that happens in one year! I am so thankful for modern medicine.
One year ago, I found out the pesky cancer was gone, AND I can still have kids! So basically, my life is freaking fantastic.
THINGS THAT MAKE MOLLY HAPPY:]
-Redneck sledding! (we covered ourselves in trash bags and threw ourselves down the hill. Epic night, one for the books! (thanks Jacob and Ryan for dragging me out of my apt) 
this may possibly have been the 5th try...




- my hair is curly, and while I am still figuring out how to style it, I love my hair!
-CHINA. It's getting real. I have been stalking places to go, foods to eat, clothes to bring. I am flying out February 4th, and I am getting excited!
- I"m doing the polar dip on New Year's Day at CDA lake, and I talked others into going with me!
- Home Alone 2 and Santa Clause- greatest Christmas movies ever.
-Listening to the Frozen soundtrack as we're all in the kitchen making dinner
-Moments with the roommates (like when we all see what Disney princess we are...http://www.brainfall.com/results/which-disney-princess-are-you/) I'm Jasmine, apparently I'm adventurous
- Snapchats!
-Eggnog
- My Star Wars snowflake
-Reading Books for pleasure! (Thanks Taylor for letting me borrow your kindle so much:)
- Christmas music: be it Punk goes Christmas or the traditional Carol of the Bells, I love it.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas :)

-

2 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned that I love your blog....? Because I do. Can't wait to hear about your adventures in China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that you read it! Thanks Quinci(:

    ReplyDelete