Monday, June 9, 2014

Shanghai

So Kaylee unexpectedly had to fly back home to America, and I went with her to Shanghai to help her take her luggage and everything. 




                               


We got to take a G train! Yay! So much faster and cleaner :)

Riding the Metro! Lots of laughing, awkward eye contact with Chinese people, and my cheeks flaming red because Kaylee was embarrassing me.
       
I felt very proud of myself for navigating the subway system in Shanghai. My days of getting lost in a tiny airport are over!

The Shanghai Museum. It was interesting and it was great because I kept seeing other foreigners! One of the things that I thought was interesting is that there was a time in China when the bartering system was stronger then the coin system that was in place.


One of the very first coins made, this thing is HUGE.

Many other countries had their own banking system in place in China. I think this one was Australia?


I was in heaven here. Good ol' western hamburger with REFILLABLE DIET COKE. REAL Diet Coke, not Coke Zero. There is A difference. 


Old Shanghai

      






Friday night I went with my Chinese friend Hao to a bar where foreigners hang out. It was AWESOME. For once I wasn't in the minority! And it was pretty rad because I met people from all over the world. 
Since coming to China, I have met people from:
-New Zealand
- Bangladesh 
- France
-Canada
-Pakistan
- Georgia
- Tennessee
-Ireland
- Russia
- Germany
-Singapore


 And then when I got home from Shanghai, I found out the battery and seat from my ebike was stolen. So that has been hard to navigate, but I will hopefully get it back soon!













No comments:

Post a Comment