Friday, April 3, 2015

"We'll go fishing in a craw fish hole"



I recently had Spring Break, and I got to visit Jane and Joe! I hung out with them for a few days in Texas, and a few days in Louisiana. so.much.fun. I am pretty sure I was meant to live in the South. Everyone is so friendly, they call you "ma'am", "sweetheart", or " suga'. "
And you see people who just randomly pulled over on the side of the highway because they decided to go fishing. This song was stuck in my head the whole weekend 

"You get a line, I get a pole. We'll go fishing in a craw fish hole."








This was delicious. Definitely worth the wait. I loved the whole atmosphere. There was the bustle of people getting in to their seats, and this old dude was singing his own version of "Let It Be" and the sun was shining. 

Eatin' my way through New Orleans... one delicious melts-in-your-mouth praline at a time

 Inside this beautiful church right there in the French Quarter. It was really quiet and peaceful, which was a big change from the jazz music being played outside.

i'm such a creeper. but oh wells. 




 Oooh Ihad my first food truck experience, and it was fantastic. The smell alone grabbed my attention. Tennessee knows their barbeque. It got even better. While I stood there licking my fingers between bites, there was this high school band playing jazz music. It was one of those moments where i was just content with life. the sun was shining, my tummy was filled with delicious food, and i was dancing to some fun music. needless to say, I am a fan of food trucks. If any of my Vegas friends are interested, the foodie fest is coming to Vegas! April 30th - May 3rd.


After my delicious food truck experience, we went walking down Bourbon street. We didn't get particularly far because it was a little more crazy then what we were looking for, but it was fun to people watch.


On our way back to Texas, we stopped at oak alley plantation. That was cool, it gave a different perspective of the south, other than Bourbon street (aka party central).


Along the sidewalk where 300 year old Oak trees are planted


 totally random yet interesting facts:
the daughter of the man who owned this plantation in the 1900's had to have her leg amputated. she tripped on the stairs, her hoop skirt (made of whale bone) punctured her leg and caused an infection. in those days, amputating was the easiest thing to do.

another fact: this is how father's gave their approval while their 14 yr old daughter was courting. if the candle was bigger, they can have longer to talk. if the candle was shorter... bye bye suitor.
view from the top porch





Yummm
 Overall it was a fantastic trip, a nice vacation that I needed. More to come soon, I just need to get back to job applications and enjoying the rest of my Spring Break!

(shout out to my awesome brother in law Joe for letting me steal some of his photos he took)

No comments:

Post a Comment