Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Chances are... all they hope to be

Currently listening to: Chances by Five for Fighting

Tonight was definitely memorable.

I am getting off the bus, about to ride my bike home when I get a call from Sierra. She invited me to a fire, and I got so excited! One thing I miss, camp fires! In America I just had one whenever I felt like it, not so much here for obvious reasons. 

Sierra told me to take K219, and ride it for 7 stops. The bus was fairly empty, and I was ready to start counting so I knew when to get off and then the driver started rolling past bus stops. I mean, dont get me wrong. I wouldnt want to stop and waste time opening the doors when no one is getting on or off, and its your last round for the night. But this guy was really messing up my plans. I didnt know which bus stop was passed was K219 or not. I look around the bus and noticed this friendly-looking younger girl, and figured she went to the university that I was currently in search of. (I lucked out- her English name is Ashley and she is studying Law ) Anyways, she told me when to get off. But even if she hadnt, Hunter was waiting at the bus stop for me with his scooter. A tall white guy with a faux hawk kind of stands out around here, so he was easy to spot.

We had smoothies, and sat around the fire as Hunter played the guitar and I laughed way too hard. Then we went down to the lake and threw rocks at it and played Truth or Dare (mostly truth... dares are difficult to think of a good one). 

On the way home, my ebike died so I had to pedal/walk it. Definitely made the trip home longer. But thats not even the best part. I accidentally set off the alarm, and that carried on for about 3 minutes... at 11:30 pm... And then a dog came out of the guard shack I was passing, and it barked and followed me for a bit. Did I mention that I was very alone in the dark and a wee bit scared this thing was going to bite me? It felt like he followed me forever, but really it wasnt that long.

And now I am home in my warm bed, feeling clean after my shower and very satisfied with life. (Other than mosquito bites...)
Cheers for a memorable night in China :]


THINGS THAT MAKE MOLLY HAPPY :]


- Some random Chinese man paid for my dinner one night, it was so nice! It sort of made up for the fact that I straight up lost some money out of my pocket earlier that day
- The Vampire Diaries playlist I found on Spotify, 'tis excellent
- I signed up for Student Teaching interviews! They are on April 29th, then I will see what school wants me. Updates to follow!
-My ebike. Man I have taken Steve for granted... No more!
-Skyping my family! Feeling loved :) (Especially when the connection cuts out many times and they still call back)
- Snickers
-Fried Rice from the cute girl my age who practices her English on me.
- The smell of fire on my clothese
- Smiling at someone on the street who is staring, and they smile back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment