Monday, June 18, 2012

Overcoming fears


Right Now: I am listening to Sleeping with Sirens

This last week I have done lots of things I am terrified of. So... I felt pretty proud of myself.
Thursday night Michael invited me to go out to the sand dunes and so we all went to St. Anthony. It was super fun (didn't have my ipod, so no pics). We had some a fire going, people were throwing a frisbee and a football around, and we jumped off the edge of the dunes into the sand. Kyle also took me on a three wheeler, (which was the terrifying part of the evening) but so worth it! We also roasted marshmallows and star bursts while we talked about celebrities and later laid in the sand looking at the stars (which you CANNOT see in Rexburg :/).

Friday night comes around and I thinking I will probably stay in and finish my homework, and just finish my homework and watch a movie. Well, I decide to text Nikki (she keeps me sane in Math) and we all went out to the Civil Defense Caves. I love climbing, but it was just a bit scary because it was super dark (duh) and I didn't have a flashlight so... I was kind of winging it. Then we played glow-in-the-dark hide and go seek which I am the champ at:)


Then we built a fire at the Sand Dunes on the way back to Rexburg. I did not participate in building the fire at all, but I was sitting right there next to the fire when a ranger came up to us and told us we built the fire on the wrong side of the road... major awk moment. So, I was pretty scared when he was talking to us (I was afraid someone was going to say something stupid and make him mad). 
But, he said we just had to let it burn out then remove the scar of the fire by the next day... So we turned the music back up and had fun until the fire went out.
Saturday I went cliff jumping in Ririe with Caitlin's apartment. It was a little scary at first, just because the edge wasn't smooth like the bridge at Monkey Rock. But, it wasn't very high, so it balanced out;)





THINGS THAT MAKE MOLLY HAPPY:]

  • Skyping with Kate!
  • Discovering new music
  • The smell of fresh air (The Ivy doesn't let you open your windows, so I relish the opportunities I have)
  • TOMS (my most favoritest shoe ever, they are so comfy. I am getting tan line, it looks a little funny)
  •  A clean room
  • Being able to wear skirts when its bleedin' hot outside 
  • Exercising- my legs aren't looking too bad
  • Ice cream... I eat a lot of it. I should buy stock in G's Dairy and Nielson's Frozen Custard
  • My hair is growing! (hopefully it keeps going...)

1 comment:

  1. YAY for the first one!!!
    I love skyping with you too :D

    ReplyDelete